Weight watchers chicken noodle soup is a healthy, low-fodmap meal that’s perfect for those watching their weight. This soup is loaded with tender chicken, hearty vegetables, and low-carb noodles, providing a satisfying and delicious dish that won’t derail your diet.
Are you looking for a healthy and tasty soup that won’t leave you feeling guilty? Look no further than weight watchers chicken noodle soup! This dish is perfect for those who are watching their weight but still want to enjoy a flavorful meal. With tender chicken, hearty vegetables, and low-carb noodles, this soup is both filling and nutritious. Best of all, it’s low-fodmap, making it a great option for those who suffer from ibs or other digestive issues. So why not try this easy-to-make soup today and enjoy a delicious and guilt-free meal!
What Makes Weight Watchers Chicken Noodle Soup Unique
Weight watchers chicken noodle soup is a great choice for anyone who wants a quick and easy meal that is also delicious and healthy. This soup is not your regular canned chicken noodle soup; it is unique in many ways, including its nutritional value, key ingredients, and flavor profile.
Nutritional Information And How It Differs From Regular Canned Soup
- Weight watchers chicken noodle soup is low in calories, fat, and sugar, making it a great option for people who are watching their weight or dieting.
- It contains only natural ingredients, with no preservatives or additives, making it a much healthier alternative to regular canned soup.
- This soup is also gluten-free, which is a great bonus for people who are gluten intolerant or have celiac disease.
- The nutritional information on the label is easy to read and understand, so you can be sure that you are making an informed and healthy choice.
Key Ingredients That Make It A Great Choice For Healthy Eating
- This soup is packed with healthy vegetables, including carrots, celery, and onions, which provide essential vitamins and minerals.
- The chicken used in this soup is white meat, which is much leaner and lower in calories than dark meat.
- The noodles used are made from whole grains, which are much more nutritious than refined grains.
- The broth is made from natural chicken stock, which is low in fat and calories but high in flavor.
Flavor Profile And Why It Tastes So Good
- The combination of vegetables, chicken, and noodles creates a savory and delicious broth that is both comforting and satisfying.
- The herbs and spices used in this soup, such as thyme and bay leaves, add depth and complexity to the flavor.
- The use of natural chicken stock intensifies the flavor and reduces the need for additional salt or seasoning.
- Overall, the flavor profile of this soup is well balanced and satisfying, making it a great choice for any meal.
Weight watchers chicken noodle soup is unique in its nutritional value, key ingredients, and flavor profile. It is not your average canned soup and provides a healthy and delicious option for anyone looking for a quick and easy meal.
Benefits Of Eating Weight Watchers Chicken Noodle Soup
Weight watchers chicken noodle soup is a perfect addition to any healthy meal plan. Not only is it packed with flavor, but it also provides numerous health benefits. This soup is a filling and nutritious dish that can help you with weight loss, making it an essential item for those who want to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of weight watchers chicken noodle soup.
Why It Can Aid In Weight Loss
- Low calorie: with only 110 calories per serving, weight watchers chicken noodle soup is a perfect meal option for those looking to shed some pounds.
- High-protein: chicken is rich in protein which helps regulate appetite and makes you feel full longer.
- Low-carb: the soup is made with vegetables and has a low-carb content. This makes it an ideal way to consume fewer carbs while still getting essential nutrients.
- Nutritious ingredients: the soup is filling and nutritious, which means you can eat a smaller portion yet feel satisfied.
How It Fits Into Overall Healthy Meal Planning
- Low fat: weight watchers chicken noodle soup is made with lean chicken and contains low fat content, making it a healthy addition to any diet.
- Balanced meal: the soup contains whole grains, vegetables, and lean protein, making it a perfectly balanced meal option.
- Easy to make: the soup can be prepared quickly, which is perfect for those who are always in a hurry.
Specific Health Benefits Of The Soup
- Hydrating: the soup is made up of water and vegetables, which make it highly hydrating and perfect for those who struggle with drinking water.
- Boosts immune system: the soup contains essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin c and zinc, which can help boost the immune system and keep the body healthy.
- Promotes digestion: the soup is made with whole grains, vegetables, and lean protein, which make it a perfect meal option to aid digestion and promote regular bowel movements.
- Lowers cholesterol: the soup is a great source of fiber which can help lower cholesterol levels in the body, reducing the risk of heart diseases.
Overall, adding weight watchers chicken noodle soup to your diet is a great way to eat healthily, lose weight, and keep your body healthy. Its numerous health benefits make it a must-try dish for those who want to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
My Favorite Coffee Creamers on Weight Watchers
How To Make Weight Watchers Chicken Noodle Soup
Ingredients And Measurements Needed
To make a delicious and healthy weight watchers chicken noodle soup, you will need the following ingredients and measurements:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat egg noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step By Step Instructions For Making Soup
Follow these easy instructions to make a warm and comforting weight watchers chicken noodle soup:
- Begin by heating a large pot over medium-high heat and spray it with cooking spray.
- Add the cubed chicken and cook it until it turns opaque and golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside.
- Add the onions, garlic, celery, and carrots to the pot and sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth along with the thyme, rosemary, oregano, and bay leaf.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and uncooked whole wheat egg noodles and continue simmering for another 10-12 minutes until the noodles are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Tips And Tricks For Getting The Best Result
Here are some tips and tricks to help you get the best result while making weight watchers chicken noodle soup:
- Use whole wheat noodles instead of white noodles to add more fiber and nutrients to the soup.
- Substitute the chicken breasts with chicken thighs if you prefer a richer and more flavorful soup.
- Adding a bit of lemon juice or vinegar at the end helps brighten the flavors in the soup.
- To save time, use pre-cut vegetables or consider using a food processor to chop them up quickly.
- If you want to save some leftovers, cook the noodles separately and add them to each serving of soup, as the noodles will absorb the broth and get mushy if stored together.
- To make this soup even more filling, add some cooked quinoa or brown rice to the pot.
- Try using low-sodium chicken broth to reduce the overall sodium content of the soup.
Serving Suggestions And Variations
Recommended Ways To Serve The Soup
Looking for a delicious and filling meal that won’t break the bank? Weight watchers chicken noodle soup is the perfect solution you’ve been looking for! This dish is easy to make, healthy, and can be customized to your liking.
- Serve with a slice of bread or a side salad for a complete meal.
- Top it off with chopped parsley or cilantro for added flavor.
- Add a splash of lemon juice for a refreshing citrus kick.
Ideas For How To Customize The Soup To Your Liking
Weight watchers chicken noodle soup may be a healthy option, but that doesn’t mean you can’t personalize it to fit your taste buds.
- Swap out the veggies: don’t be afraid to switch up the veggies in this soup. Try adding in celery, broccoli, or even sweet potato.
- Change up the protein: if chicken isn’t your favorite, try using turkey or shrimp instead.
- Adjust the spices: don’t be afraid to add extra spices, such as garlic or red pepper flakes, to give the soup a little extra kick.
How To Store Any Leftovers
If you’ve made a big pot of weight watchers chicken noodle soup, storing any leftovers is a breeze.
- Allow the soup to cool to room temperature.
- Spoon the soup into an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Don’t forget to label the container with the date you made the soup to ensure it stays fresh. And when you’re ready to eat the leftovers, simply reheat the soup on the stovetop or in the microwave. It’s that easy!
Frequently Asked Questions Of Weight Watchers Chicken Noodle Soup
What Ingredients Are Needed To Make Weight Watchers Chicken Noodle Soup?
The ingredients for weight watchers chicken noodle soup include chicken, noodles, broth, vegetables, garlic, and seasonings.
How Many Smartpoints Does A Serving Of Weight Watchers Chicken Noodle Soup Have?
A serving of weight watchers chicken noodle soup has 3 smartpoints on the freestyle program.
Can I Freeze Weight Watchers Chicken Noodle Soup?
Yes, you can freeze weight watchers chicken noodle soup in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
How Long Does It Take To Make Weight Watchers Chicken Noodle Soup?
It takes about 30-40 minutes to make weight watchers chicken noodle soup from start to finish.
Is This Soup A Part Of A Healthy Diet?
Yes, weight watchers chicken noodle soup is a healthy option for a well-balanced diet as it is low in calories, high in protein, and contains vegetables.
Weight watchers chicken noodle soup is a fantastic option for those who want a healthy and hearty meal. This soup is easy to make, low in calories, and full of nutritious ingredients. With the right combination of herbs and spices, this soup is not only good for you but also delicious.
If you’re looking for a new recipe to try, this soup is a must-try. Additionally, the flexibility of swapping out ingredients means you can make it your own and get creative. Whip up a batch of this soup today and enjoy a warm and comforting meal that won’t derail your weight loss goals.
So next time you’re in the mood for a soothing bowl of chicken noodle soup, try the weight watchers version. You won’t be disappointed!