Looking for a tasty and easy-to-make dessert? Try peach cake with cinnamon and pecans, a perfect treat for peach season. This cake is a delightful combination of spiced peaches with a nutty, crunchy topping.
Peach cake with cinnamon and pecans is a mouthwatering dessert that you wouldn’t want to miss. As peach season is in full swing, you can enjoy this delectable cake topped with fragrant cinnamon and toasted pecans. The recipe is effortless to follow, with only a few ingredients needed to create a lovely, moist cake. With its soft and tender crumb, this peach cake is an ideal end to any meal. Whether you’re serving it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream, it’s sure to delight your taste buds.
Peach cake with cinnamon and pecans is a must-try recipe for those who love peaches, cinnamon, and pecans. This delicious cake is perfect for any occasion, ranging from family gatherings to birthday parties. To ensure that you create an amazing cake, it’s vital that you get the ingredients right.
Necessary Ingredients For The Batter:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Necessary Ingredients For The Filling:
- 3 cups of fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Necessary Ingredients For The Topping:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Tips for selecting and preparing the best peaches, cinnamon, and pecans:
- Look for peaches with golden-yellow skin, free of wrinkles and bruises.
- Choose peaches that have a sweet, fruity smell at the stem end.
- Give the peach a gentle squeeze, if it yields to pressure, it’s ready to eat.
- The easiest way to peel a peach is to blanch it in boiling water for 30-60 seconds, remove, shock in ice water, and peel.
- To thinly slice peaches, slice in half, and then slice each side into thin slices, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Choose cinnamon that is fragrant and free of clumps.
- Look for cinnamon that has a reddish-brown color.
- Use a microplane to grate cinnamon sticks for extra flavor.
- Ground cinnamon should be replaced every 6 months for the best flavor.
- Choose pecans with a consistent deep golden brown color.
- Look for pecans that do not have any cracks or holes.
- To chop pecans, use a sharp knife or pulse in a food processor until desired size.
Suggestions for ingredient replacements/substitutions:
- All-purpose flour can be substituted with gluten-free flour.
- Brown sugar can be replaced with white granulated sugar or coconut sugar.
- Pecans can be substituted with walnuts or almonds.
Peach Cake With Cinnamon And Pecans
Peach cake with cinnamon and pecans is a delightful dessert that you can never go wrong with. Every bite of this sweet and nutty cake is heaven-sent, and the good news is, you can make it from home with minimum effort.
In this article, we will take you through the step-by-step guide on how to prepare this delicious cake.
Preparing The Cake Batter Step-By-Step
Making the cake batter is the first step in making peach cake with cinnamon and pecans. You need to follow the steps below to prepare the batter.
- Preheat your oven to 350°f and prepare a 9×13-inch cake pan. Grease the pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add in eggs, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Mix to form a smooth mixture.
- Slowly pour in milk while whisking the mixture. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
Mixing The Filling And Adding It To The Batter
The filling is what makes the peach cake with cinnamon and pecans special. Here’s how to mix the filling and add it to the batter.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans.
- Spread the mixture on top of the cake batter in the pan.
- Stick sliced peaches vertically into the filling mixture.
Creating The Cinnamon And Pecan Topping For The Cake
The cinnamon and pecan topping for the peach cake with cinnamon and pecans is the icing on the cake. To prepare the topping, follow the steps below.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter.
- Mix the ingredients until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Sprinkle the mixture on top of the peaches and filling in the cake pan.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Peach cake with cinnamon and pecans is an easy-to-make dessert that will have your taste buds in overdrive. By following the above step-by-step guide, you can prepare this delicious dessert from home and impress your family and friends. Give it a try!
Delicious & Quick Fluffy Apple Cake / Easy Recipe
Baking And Serving
Proper Baking Time And Temperature For The Perfect Cake
The key to a perfect peach cake with cinnamon and pecans is precise baking.
- Preheat your oven to 350°f
- Use an oven thermometer to check the actual temperature of your oven
- Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Avoid opening the oven door during baking as it can cause the cake to sink
Tips For Cooling, Slicing, And Serving The Cake
Once the cake is out of the oven, it’s essential to handle it with care to get the desired texture and taste.
- Let the cake cool completely before slicing
- Use a serrated knife to slice the cake for a clean and beautiful presentation
- Serve the cake warm or chilled with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Optional garnishes include fresh peach slices, pecans, or a sprinkle of cinnamon
Suggestions For Garnishes And Accompaniments
Garnishes and accompaniments can add flavor and visual appeal to your peach cake with cinnamon and pecans.
- Dust the cake with powdered sugar or cinnamon for an added touch
- Serve the cake with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Toasted pecans or almonds can add crunch and contrast to the soft cake texture
- Fresh peach slices or peach compote can intensify the fruity flavor of the cake
Remember, baking and serving a delicious peach cake with cinnamon and pecans is not rocket science. With these tips and suggestions, you can impress your family and friends with your baking skills and create unforgettable memories.
Peach Cake With Cinnamon And Pecans – Variations
Peach cake with cinnamon and pecans is a perfect dessert for any occasion. The moist cake, delicate peach slices, and the crunch of pecans, along with fragrant cinnamon, make this cake a crowd pleaser. With a few adjustments, this recipe can have endless possibilities.
Here are some variations to get your creative baking juices flowing.
Using Different Types Of Fruit Or Nuts:
- Replace peaches with other seasonal fruits like pears, apples, or plums.
- Use almonds instead of pecans for a nuttier flavor
- Add blueberries, strawberries or raspberries to complete this fruity dessert.
Adjusting Sweetness Or Spice Level To Fit Personal Taste:
- Decrease the quantity of sugar to make the cake less sweet.
- Increase cinnamon for a stronger, spicier flavor or add nutmeg to mix it up.
- Add a hint of cardamom for a fragrant twist.
Turning The Recipe Into Individual Servings Or Cupcakes:
- Generously grease the muffin tins or use cupcake liners to make individual servings.
- Adjust baking time and temperature according to your oven.
- Create a wonderful and unique topping by adding whipped cream on each cupcake, as well as an extra pecan or two.
With all these variations and adjustments, you get to experience an entirely new dessert every time. Be creative, and have fun while trying out these changes. You never know, you might discover your new favorite dessert!
Frequently Asked Questions On Peach Cake With Cinnamon And Pecans
What Is Peach Cake With Cinnamon And Pecans?
Peach cake with cinnamon and pecans is a delicious dessert made with fresh peaches, cinnamon, and pecans combined with a moist cake batter.
How Do I Make A Peach Cake With Cinnamon And Pecans?
To make a peach cake with cinnamon and pecans, follow the recipe instructions. It includes combining peaches with cinnamon and pecans, mixing flour, sugar, and eggs into a batter, then folding the peaches into the batter before baking.
Can I Substitute The Pecans In Peach Cake With Cinnamon And Pecans?
Yes, you can substitute the pecans in peach cake with cinnamon and pecans with walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts, based on your preference.
How Long Can I Store Peach Cake With Cinnamon And Pecans For?
You can store peach cake with cinnamon and pecans for up to three days in a container at room temperature or in the fridge. You can also freeze it for up to three months.
The peach cake with cinnamon and pecans is a delightful dessert that combines the sweet and nutty flavors of peaches and pecans with the spicy aroma of cinnamon to give you a perfect flavor and aroma of fall. This easy-to-make recipe is sure to impress your guests and family, and it’s perfect for any occasion.
With its soft and tender texture that complements the crunchiness of the pecans scattered throughout the cake, you simply can’t go wrong with this dish. So, the next time you’re looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth, try making this cake and taste the magic for yourself! And remember, always use fresh, high-quality ingredients to enhance the flavor and richness of your desserts.