When it comes to Indian cuisine, there are endless possibilities for delicious low-carb vegetarian recipes. India is a land of spices and flavor, so you can be sure that your meals will be packed with taste. Whether you’re looking for a hearty curry or a light and refreshing salad, there’s an Indian dish out there that will fit your needs. And best of all, these recipes are typically very easy to make!
So if you’re looking for some new ideas for tasty and healthy vegetarian meals, look no further than the amazing world of Indian cuisine.
Low Carb Vegetarian Recipes Indian Details
Are you looking for some delicious and healthy low carb vegetarian recipes? If so, then you’ll want to check out these Indian recipes! These dishes are not only tasty, but they’re also packed with nutrients and fiber.
Plus, they’re easy to make! One of the best things about these recipes is that they can be easily adapted to fit your own personal preferences.
For example, if you don’t like spicy food, simply omit the chili peppers or use a milder curry powder. Or, if you’re trying to cut down on calories, you can swap out the full-fat yogurt for a non-fat version.
So whether you’re a vegetarian who’s looking for some new ideas, or just someone who loves good food, give these low carb vegetarian recipes a try! You won’t be disappointed!
Low Carbs Dinner Recipes for Weight Loss – Healthy High Protein -low carbs Veg Dinner Ideas
Which Indian Dishes are Low Carb?
When it comes to Indian cuisine, there are plenty of dishes that are low in carbohydrates. Here are some of our favourites: Tandoori chicken is a classic Indian dish that is not only low in carbs, but also high in protein.
It’s typically made with chicken that has been marinated in yogurt and spices, then grilled or roasted. Paneer is a type of Indian cottage cheese that is very versatile and can be used in both sweet and savoury dishes. It’s also relatively low in carbs, making it a great option for those on a low-carb diet.
Chana masala is another delicious and hearty Indian dish that is perfect for those on a low-carb diet. It’s made with chickpeas, tomatoes and spices, and can be served with rice or naan bread (although the latter is obviously higher in carbs).
So there you have it – three delicious and healthy Indian dishes that are all low in carbohydrates!
Which Vegetarian Food Has Low Carbs?
A vegetarian diet can be a healthy way to eat. The key is to choose foods that are high in nutrients and low in unhealthy saturated fats and sugars. A good rule of thumb is to fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables, one-quarter with whole grains, and one-quarter with protein.
There are many delicious and healthful foods that are low in carbohydrates, including: Fruits: Apples, berries, oranges, pears, etc.
Vegetables: broccoli, cabbage, carrots, celery, cucumber, kale, lettuce, peppers, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, etc.
Beans and legumes: black beans lentils , kidney beans , navy beans , peas , soybeans , etc.
Whole grains: oats quinoa , buckwheat groats , millet , brown rice , whole wheat bread/pasta .
Is Poha Low Carb Food?
Poha is a flattened rice that is popular in Indian cuisine. It is often used in breakfast dishes and snacks. Poha is usually made from white rice, but it can also be made from brown rice.
Poha is low in carbs and calories, making it a good choice for people who are watching their weight or trying to lose weight. One cup of poha contains about 22 grams of carbs and:
- • 204 calories
- • 4 grams of protein
- • 1 gram of fat
Is Paneer Allowed in Keto Diet?
Paneer is a type of fresh cheese common in South Asian cuisine. It is made by curdling milk with a acid, such as lemon juice or vinegar, and then draining off the whey.
Paneer is low in carbs and calories, making it a good choice for people on a ketogenic diet. One ounce (28 grams) of paneer contains 1 gram of carbs, 7 grams of protein, and 4 grams of fat
(1). Although paneer is relatively high in protein, its carb and fat content make it suitable for a keto diet. Paneer is also a good source of calcium and phosphorus, two minerals that are important for bone health
(2). What’s more, some research suggests that paneer may help promote weight loss
(3). To sum up, paneer is a nutritious cheese that can be included in a ketogenic diet. Thanks to its low carb and calorie content, paneer can help you reach your goals without sacrificing taste or nutrition.
Low-Carb Vegetarian Recipes for Dinner
If you’re looking for some delicious and healthy low-carb vegetarian recipes for dinner, look no further! Here are some of our favorites:
1. Spicy Black Bean Tacos: These tacos are packed with flavor and nutrients, and they’re perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. Simply cook up some black beans with some spices, stuff them into whole wheat tortillas, and top with your favorite toppings.
2. Eggplant Parmesan: This classic Italian dish is hearty and satisfying, but it’s also relatively low in carbs. To keep it light, we recommend using roasted eggplant instead of breaded and fried eggplant slices. Serve over whole wheat pasta or zucchini noodles for a complete meal.
3. Quinoa Veggie Burger: These burgers are hearty and filling, but they’re also low in carbs thanks to the quinoa used in place of traditional bread crumbs. Top with all your favorite burger fixings, or get creative and try something new!
4. Cauliflower Fried Rice: This dish is a great way to sneak some extra veggies into your diet while still enjoying the flavors of takeout fried rice. Simply swap out the rice for cauliflower rice, add in your favorite vegetables (we like peas and carrots), and stir-fry until everything is cooked through. Season with soy sauce or tamari to taste.
5. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries & Pecans: This festive side dish is perfect for holiday meals or any time you want something a little special. The Brussels sprouts are roasted until crispy, then tossed with sweet dried cranberries, toasted pecans, and a touch of balsamic vinegar . So good!
Low Carb Indian Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes
If you’re looking for some delicious and nutritious low carb Indian vegetarian breakfast recipes, look no further! Here are five amazing recipes that will start your day off right:
1. Vegetable Uttapam: This traditional South Indian dish is made with a fermented batter of rice and black lentils. It’s then topped with veggies like tomatoes, onions, and chilies. Uttapam is usually served with chutney or sambar on the side.
2. Paneer Bhurji: A popular North Indian dish, paneer bhurji is made with crumbled paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and spices. It’s often served as a sandwich filling or as a side dish.
3. Egg Bhurji: Another variation on the classic paneer bhurji, egg bhurji is made with scrambled eggs instead of paneer. It’s just as tasty and makes for a great protein-rich breakfast option.
4. Oats Idli: A healthy twist on the traditional idli, oats idli is made by substituting oats for rice in the batter. These soft and spongy cakes are then steamed and served with chutney or sambar on the side.
5. Upma: Upma is a hearty porridge-like dish that’s commonly eaten for breakfast in South India.
It’s typically made with semolina flour, but you can also use rava or sooji (finely ground wheat).
Low Carb Indian Vegetarian Lunch Recipes
Indian cuisine is often very carb-heavy, making it difficult to find low carb lunch options. However, there are plenty of delicious and healthy Indian vegetarian recipes that are perfect for a low carb lunch! Here are some of our favorites:
Cauliflower Rice: This simple recipe is a great way to cut down on carbs while still enjoying the flavor of Indian food. Simply swap out traditional rice for cauliflower rice, and you’re good to go!
Vegetable Samosas: Samosas are a popular Indian snack, but they can also make a great lunch option. Most samosas are made with potatoes and other high-carb ingredients. However, you can easily make vegetable samosas with a variety of low-carb veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, or even carrots.
Paneer Tikka Masala: Paneer is a type of Indian cheese that’s perfect for those on a low-carb diet. In this dish, paneer is simmered in a flavorful tomato sauce – yum! These are just a few of the many delicious and healthy Indian vegetarian recipes perfect for a low carb lunch.
So next time you’re looking for something different to eat at midday, give one of these recipes a try!
If you’re looking for some delicious and healthy low carb vegetarian recipes, look no further than this Indian-inspired dish. Made with cauliflower, peas, and spices, it’s a great option for those on a keto or Paleo diet.