To make grandmas ground beef casserole 2, brown ground beef in a skillet and layer it with potatoes, corn, and cheese in a casserole dish. Bake in the oven until bubbly and golden.
Grandmas ground beef casserole 2 is a classic recipe that will remind you of home. This hearty casserole is perfect for busy weeknights when you need a quick and easy dinner that will satisfy your cravings. Made with simple ingredients like ground beef, potatoes, corn, and cheese, this casserole is packed with flavor and can be customized to your liking. Whether you’re feeding a hungry family or meal prepping for the week, grandmas ground beef casserole 2 is a delicious and comforting option that will never go out of style. In this article, we’ll walk you through step-by-step instructions on how to make this classic casserole.
Grandma’s ground beef casserole 2 is a hearty and mouth-watering dish that is perfect for a family gathering or a potluck dinner. This recipe is a classic that has been passed down through generations, and it’s easy to see why – with juicy ground beef, diced onions, black beans, corn, and a mix of savory seasonings, this casserole is a winner.
In this post, we’ll focus on the key ingredients that make this dish so tasty and satisfying.
1 Pound Ground Beef
The star of this recipe is undoubtedly the ground beef. Ensure that you purchase fresh, high-quality beef from your local butcher or grocery store. It’s important to use lean ground beef with at least 80% meat to fat ratio to avoid excessive oiliness or greasiness in the dish.
1 Yellow Onion, Diced
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
These ingredients add a depth of flavor and aroma to the dish. Sautéed onions and garlic help to enhance the rich taste of the ground beef while adding a subtle sweetness to the casserole.
1/4 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
These spices provide an irresistible smoky flavor to the dish. Smoked paprika and cumin are suitable for adding warmth and depth of flavor while worcestershire sauce brings out the savory taste of the meat.
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Black Beans, Drained
1 Can Corn, Drained
1/2 Cup Beef Broth
The diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, and beef broth provide essential nutrients and fiber also making the dish more wholesome. The beef broth imparts a rich meaty flavor to enhance the savory notes in this casserole.
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
2 Cups Coarsely Crushed Tortilla Chips
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
The sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, and shredded cheddar cheese add contrasting textures and flavors that complement the beefy casserole. The sour cream brightens the dish and balances the richness of the cheese. Crushed tortilla chips add a layer of crunch, and the cheddar cheese melts into a gooey, golden topping on the casserole.
Overall, grandma’s ground beef casserole 2 is a straightforward recipe that is easy to make and loved by many. The simple ingredients, when combined, create a nourishing and delectable meal that is sure to please everyone’s tastes.
Grandma’s ground beef casserole 2 is the most comforting dish you will ever taste. With its filling ingredients, easy-to-follow steps and delicious results, you’ll want to make it over and over again.
Preparing The Ingredients
Before you start cooking, you’ll want to make sure all your ingredients are ready.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of green beans
- 1 package of egg noodles
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Cooking The Beef
- Preheat your oven to 375°f (190°c).
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onion over medium heat until the beef is browned and the onion is soft. Drain any excess grease.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Continue to cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
Layering The Casserole
- Cook the egg noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain the noodles and set them aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the canned corn, green beans, cooked egg noodles and beef mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a large baking dish.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the mixture.
Baking The Casserole
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
That’s it! Grandma’s ground beef casserole 2 is an easy and delicious meal that the whole family will enjoy. Try it out for your next family dinner or potluck and watch it disappear!
Southern Hamburger and Potato Casserole (easy recipe)
Grandma’s ground beef casserole is a classic dish that has been passed down for generations. It’s hearty, delicious, and perfect for feeding family and friends. However, did you know that this recipe also lends itself to creative variations?
Swap Out The Beef For Ground Turkey For A Healthier Twist, Or Use A Combination Of The Two For A Unique Flavor Profile.
- Ground turkey is a leaner protein source than beef, making it a healthier alternative. If you’re looking to reduce your overall calorie and fat intake, swapping out the beef for turkey could be a great option for you.
- Alternatively, combining beef and turkey allows you to enjoy the richness of beef while also keeping it lighter with turkey. You could experiment with different ratios to find your favorite blend.
Add In Some Chopped Bell Peppers Or Jalapeños For Extra Spice And Veggie Goodness.
- Bell peppers add a sweet, mild flavor and vibrant color to the casserole, while jalapeños bring a spicy kick. You could use one or both, depending on your preferred level of heat.
- Besides adding flavor, these veggies also contribute to the nutritional value of the dish. They are packed with vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants that support a healthy body.
Experiment With Different Types Of Cheese – Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, And Gouda All Make Great Substitutes For Traditional Cheddar.
- While cheddar cheese is the classic choice for this dish, you can mix things up by using other varieties. Monterey jack is a mild, creamy cheese that melts beautifully, while pepper jack adds a spicy twist. Gouda is a bold, savory cheese that goes well with beef.
- You could also try blending different cheeses together for a complex flavor. For example, mixing cheddar and gouda could give you a delicious smoky taste.
Top With Some Fresh Avocado Slices, Salsa, Or A Dollop Of Sour Cream For A Burst Of Color And Flavor.
- These toppings not only enhance the appearance of the casserole but also give it a burst of freshness. Avocado provides healthy fats, fiber, and a creamy texture. Salsa adds a zesty flavor and vitamins from the vegetables. Sour cream creates a cooling contrast to the spicy components in the dish.
- You can get creative with the way you garnish the casserole. You could arrange avocado slices in a pattern, or sprinkle some cilantro on top for an herbaceous note. The possibilities are endless!
Frequently Asked Questions On Grandmas Ground Beef Casserole 2
As we come towards the end of our journey through grandmas ground beef casserole 2, we hope you’ve found some inspiration for your own dinner table. This scrumptious casserole is a testament to the fact that some dishes never go out of style.
With its deliciously crispy top layer and tender, juicy filling, it’s not hard to see why this recipe has been passed down through generations. Not only is it a budget-friendly meal, but it’s also incredibly versatile and customizable. You can add different vegetables or switch out the beef for chicken or turkey to make it your own.
The best thing about grandmas ground beef casserole 2 is that it truly brings people together, whether it’s during a cozy family dinner or simply getting creative in the kitchen. So why not give this comforting classic a try? We promise, you won’t be disappointed!