To make 15 bean soup in a crock pot, first sort and rinse the beans, then add them to the pot along with diced onion, celery, carrots, garlic, ham hock, broth, and seasonings. Cook on low for 8-10 hours until the beans are tender.
15 bean soup in crock pot is a delicious and hearty dish that can be easily made by using a few simple ingredients. This recipe is a perfect option for busy weeknights, as you can simply set the crock pot and let it do all the work while you go about your day. The soup is packed with protein and fiber from the various beans, and the addition of ham hock adds a delicious smoky flavor to the dish. This recipe can also be easily customized to fit your specific taste buds by adjusting the seasonings or adding in additional vegetables.
Why 15 Bean Soup In Crock Pot Is A Great Choice
15 bean soup in crock pot is not just tasty, it is also an incredibly convenient and nutritious option. This soup is a popular dish often made as a slow-cooker meal, resulting in a wholesome and filling family dinner or lunch.
Here are some reasons why 15 bean soup in crock pot is a great choice.
Nutritional Benefits Of 15 Bean Soup
This soup is loaded with nutritious ingredients that make it an excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
- High in protein: this soup is high in protein as it contains various types of beans. Beans are great sources of plant-based protein and fiber.
- Lowers cholesterol levels: beans are known to lower cholesterol levels in the body and improve heart health.
- Boosts immunity: the soup also contains various vegetables that provide vitamins and minerals, including vitamin c and beta-carotene, which are known to boost immunity.
Convenience Of Cooking In A Crock Pot
Cooking 15 bean soup in a crock pot is an incredibly convenient option that can save you time and effort.
- Minimal preparation time: all that is required is to soak the beans in water and chop some vegetables. The crock pot does the rest of the work, leaving you free to go about your day.
- Unsupervised cooking: once the ingredients are added to the pot, there is no need to monitor your soup. The slow cooking process allows the ingredients to meld together, resulting in a flavorful meal with minimal watching or stirring.
The Versatility Of 15 Bean Soup
Another great aspect of 15 bean soup in crock pot is its versatility. This soup can be made using different types of beans and a variety of vegetables, allowing you to tailor the recipe to suit your taste preferences.
- Add sausage or diced ham for a meaty flavor.
- Swap out vegetables: adding sweet potatoes or butternut squash can add a sweet and satisfying taste, whereas spinach and kale can add a touch of greenery.
- Spices: add your favorite herbs and spices to elevate the flavor of your soup.
- Meal prep: prepare the ingredients in advance and keep them in a freezer bag, so you always have a batch ready to go.
15 bean soup in crock pot is a simple, nutritious, and convenient option for a hearty meal. Whether you are a vegan, vegetarian, or a meat-eater, or if you simply enjoy a warm bowl of soup on a cold day, this soup is a great choice.
Try adding your favorite veggies and spices to make it even more delicious and satisfying.
Ingredients Required For 15 Bean Soup In Crock Pot
15 Beans Mix
One of the essential ingredients for making a delicious 15 bean soup in crock pot is the bean mix. You can purchase a pre-packaged 15-bean mix from any grocery store or create your mix. It is essential to soak the beans before using them to allow them to break down easily while cooking.
- Pre-packaged 15-bean mix includes kidney beans, navy beans, black beans, lima beans, and many more.
- Create your mix by combining different beans of your choice.
- Soak the beans overnight before using them, making sure to drain and rinse them before adding to the crockpot.
Vegetables – Onion, Carrots, Celery
Vegetables add a healthy element to your soup, as well as much-needed flavor. Onion, carrots, and celery are the perfect combination of vegetables for a 15 bean soup in crock pot.
- Dice one large onion, two medium-sized carrots, and two celery stalks into small pieces.
- Vegetables should be cooked before adding beans to your crock-pot for best results.
- Add vegetables to the soup halfway through the cooking process.
Meat – Ham Hock Or Sausage
Ham hocks or sausages add a smoky and meaty flavor to your soup. You can use any meat of your choice, but ham hock and sausages are the most popular.
- Use 1-2 ham hocks or 1 pound of sausage based on your preference.
- Add the ham hocks or sausages to the crock-pot before cooking the beans.
- Once the meat is cooked, remove it from the crockpot, remove the bones, and add the meat to the soup.
Spices – Bay Leaves, Thyme, Garlic
The combination of spices used in the 15 bean soup in crock pot is what makes it so flavorful.
- Add three bay leaves, one teaspoon of thyme, and two cloves of garlic minced to the soup.
- Spices should be added to the crock-pot before cooking the beans.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving.
Water is a vital element of your 15 bean soup in crock pot, as it helps to break down the beans and keep the soup hydrated.
- Use eight cups of water for every one pound of beans.
- Add the water to the crockpot along with the beans.
- Make sure to check the water level halfway through the cooking process to prevent the soup from drying out.
Get ready to enjoy a warm and hearty 15 bean soup in crock pot by following these easy ingredient and cooking steps.
15 bean soup| Crockpot meal
Preparation Of 15 Bean Soup In Crock Pot
Soaking The Beans
If you want to prepare the perfect 15 bean soup in a crock pot, you should start by soaking your beans beforehand.
- Rinse the beans with cold water and remove any pebbles or dirt.
- Add enough water to cover the beans and let them soak overnight in a covered bowl.
- Discard the soak water and rinse the beans with cold water before cooking.
Soaking can make the beans softer and easier to cook, and it can also reduce the cooking time.
Preparing The Vegetables And Meat
To make a flavorful and nutritious 15 bean soup in a crock pot, you need to prepare your vegetables and meat carefully.
- Dice your vegetables into small pieces, so they will cook evenly. Onion, celery, and carrots are great choices for the soup.
- Brown your meat in a skillet or sauté it in olive oil to give it a rich, roasted flavor. Sausage, ham, or bacon are great options for adding protein to the soup.
Be creative and use the veggies and meat that you prefer.
Combining The Ingredients In Crock Pot
After you have soaked the beans and prepared the vegetables and meat, it is time to combine the ingredients in your crock pot.
- The soaked and rinsed beans
- The browned meat along with the drippings
- Diced vegetables that have been sautéed
- Broth or stock (chicken, beef, or vegetable)
- Seasonings such as bay leaves, garlic, and thyme
Simply combine all the ingredients in the crock pot and give everything a good stir before turning the heat on.
Choosing The Right Setting For Cooking
Choosing the right setting for cooking your 15 bean soup in a crock pot is critical.
- Low heat: best for cooking soup with more delicate meats and veggies. It takes 6-8 hours for the beans to get cooked.
- High heat: ideal for a quicker cooking time. It takes 3-4 hours for the beans to get cooked.
Check each one individually. Remember, that the timing can vary a lot, depending on the heat of your crock pot.
Once your soup is cooked, you can serve it hot with crusty bread or store it and reheat it later. Sit down, relax and enjoy your flavorful 15 bean soup!
Tips For Perfecting Your 15 Bean Soup In Crock Pot
Bean soup is a hearty and wholesome meal that’s both filling and tasty. It’s also easy to make in a slow cooker, making it an excellent option if you have a busy day ahead. However, there are a few tips and tricks to perfecting your 15 bean soup in a crockpot.
In this blog post, we’ll provide you with suggestions on how to season your soup to taste, as well as ways to add extra texture and flavor boosters. Lastly, we’ll cover storing and reheating your soup.
Seasoning To Taste
The key to getting your 15 bean soup to taste just the way you like it is to season it properly.
- Use your favorite seasoning blend to add depth and complexity to the flavor profile.
- Add a little salt and seasoning at a time while you cook, and taste it periodically to ensure the flavors are balanced.
- Experiment with different herb mixes and spices, such as bay leaves, thyme, garlic, and smoked paprika.
Adding Extra Texture And Flavor Boosters
If you want to add some extra flavor and texture to your 15 bean soup, here are some ideas to consider:
- Brown some sausage or diced ham and add it to the soup for added protein and flavor.
- For more depth, use different types of beans, such as white beans or black beans, as part of your 15-bean mix
- Add some dry white wine or a little vinegar to brighten up the flavors
- For extra crunch, add some diced carrots, celery, or bell peppers for a little bit of texture and color.
Storing And Reheating Your Soup
Making extra soup or leftovers of your 15 bean soup in the crockpot is common.
- Let the soup cool down before transferring it to an airtight container and store it in the fridge or freezer.
- To reheat, put the soup in a pot over medium heat and stir until it warms up. Alternatively, heat in a microwave.
- Feel free to add any leftover seasoning and spices to your soup when reheating, and taste it periodically to ensure everything is balanced.
A slow cooker is an excellent tool for preparing 15 bean soup. By seasoning it to taste and adding extra texture and flavor boosters, you can make it tasty and exciting. Finally, with the right storage and reheating technique, your soup will remain just as delicious and fresh for days to come.
How To Serve Your Delicious 15 Bean Soup In Crock Pot
Are you in the mood for a hearty meal that’s both filling and nutritious? Look no further than 15 bean soup in crock pot. This recipe is the perfect way to combine various flavors and ingredients for a meal that satisfies your taste buds and keeps you feeling full for hours.
In this section, we’ll discuss the best ways to serve your delicious 15 bean soup in crock pot, including pairing options and topping ideas.
Pairing With Bread Or Rice
Pairing your 15 bean soup in crock pot with bread or rice is the perfect way to round out your meal and make it even more satisfying.
- French bread or sourdough bread: slice up some fresh, crusty bread and serve it on the side for dipping into your soup. This adds some crunch and texture to your meal.
- Cornbread: for a southern twist, serve your soup with some cornbread. This is a great way to add some sweetness to your savory meal.
- Brown rice or white rice: serve your soup on top of a bed of rice for a filling, complete meal. The rice soaks up the flavorful broth and adds some heartiness to your dish.
Toppings To Enhance Your Soup
Adding toppings to your 15 bean soup in crock pot is a simple way to add some extra flavor and texture to your meal.
- Shredded cheese: sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese on top of your soup. This adds some creaminess and richness to your dish.
- Sour cream: a dollop of sour cream on top of your soup adds some tangy flavor and a creamy texture.
- Bacon bits: crumble up some bacon bits and sprinkle them on top of your soup for a smoky, salty crunch.
- Green onions: slice up some green onions and sprinkle them on top of your soup for a fresh, oniony flavor.
Serving your 15 bean soup in crock pot with bread or rice, and adding toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, or green onions, can take your meal to the next level. Experiment with different combinations to find your favorite way to enjoy this delicious and nutritious soup.
Frequently Asked Questions On 15 Bean Soup In Crock Pot
How Long Does It Take To Cook 15 Bean Soup In A Crockpot?
Cook 15 bean soup in a crockpot for 8-10 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. Delicious and perfect for cold weather.
What Are The Key Ingredients Required For Making 15 Bean Soup In A Crockpot?
To make 15 bean soup in a crockpot, you need ham hocks, 15 bean soup mix, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, and chicken or vegetable broth. Combine ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or high heat for 4-5 hours.
Can I Adjust The Spice Level To My Preference While Making 15 Bean Soup In A Crockpot?
Yes, you can adjust the spice level to your liking while making 15 bean soup in a crockpot. Simply increase or decrease the amount of spices you add to the soup according to your preference. Make sure to taste the soup frequently as it cooks to ensure the desired level of spiciness.
Is It Necessary To Soak The Beans Overnight Before Adding Them To A Crockpot For 15 Bean Soup?
It is not necessary to soak the beans overnight before making 15 bean soup in a crockpot. However, if you want to speed up the cooking process, you can soak the beans for a few hours before throwing them in the crockpot.
Can I Add Additional Vegetables Or Meat To My 15 Bean Soup In A Crockpot Recipe?
Absolutely! You can definitely add extra vegetables or meat to your 15 bean soup in a crockpot recipe. Customize with your favorite ingredients and adjust cooking time accordingly. Enjoy a hearty and nutritious meal with extra flavors.
Cooking 15 bean soup in a crock pot is a delicious and easy way to enjoy a hearty, protein-packed dish. It’s a budget-friendly option that’s perfect for feeding a crowd or meal-prepping for the week ahead. With the convenience of a slow cooker, you can set it and forget it, allowing the beans to slowly cook and soak up all of the flavorful ingredients.
Whether you’re a vegetarian or a meat-lover, there are endless possibilities for customizing this recipe to suit your liking. From adding in your favorite veggies to spicing it up with some hot sauce, the options are truly limitless. So next time you’re in the mood for a cozy and satisfying meal, give this 15 bean soup in a crock pot a try.