This is the time of year for cranberry sauce! And Ina Garten has a great recipe. It’s easy to make and can be made ahead of time.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 12-ounce package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup orange juice
This is the best cranberry sauce recipe, hands down. Ina Garten’s cranberry sauce is so good, you’ll want to put it on everything. The combination of sweet and tart is perfect, and the orange zest gives it a nice zing.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make, and can be made ahead of time. I always make a double batch so that I have some extra to put in the freezer for later.
Ina Garten Thanksgiving Episode
For anyone who hasn’t seen Ina Garten’s Thanksgiving episode, it is a must-watch! She goes through everything you need to know to make the perfect Thanksgiving feast. From the turkey, to the stuffing, to the gravy, she has you covered.
And her tips are guaranteed to make your holiday dinner stress-free and delicious. So if you’re looking for some guidance on how to make this holiday meal extra special, be sure to check out Ina Garten’s Thanksgiving episode. You won’t be disappointed!
How to Make Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry sauce is a tart and tangy condiment that is perfect for adding to holiday dishes. It is also incredibly easy to make! This recipe will yield about 2 cups of sauce.
-1 (12 oz) package of fresh cranberries
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup water
-½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
-¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1. Combine cranberries, sugar, water, cinnamon, and cloves in a medium saucepan over medium heat. 2. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the cranberries have popped and the sauce has thickened.
4. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Ina Garten Loaf Cake Recipes
One of the most popular Ina Garten recipes is her Loaf Cake recipe. This cake is perfect for any occasion, and can be made in a variety of flavors. The key to making a good loaf cake is to use high quality ingredients, and to follow the recipe exactly.
Here are some tips for making a perfect Ina Garten Loaf Cake:
1. Use high quality butter – Ina Garten specifically calls for unsalted butter in her recipe, as it allows you to control the amount of salt in the final product. Be sure to use a good quality butter, such as Kerrygold, for best results.
2. Follow the recipe exactly – As with any baking recipe, it’s important to follow the instructions exactly in order to achieve desired results. With this loaf cake recipe, pay close attention to the ingredient amounts and bake times specified.
3. Don’t overmix the batter – Be careful not to overmix the batter when incorporating the wet and dry ingredients. Overmixing can result in a tough cake texture.
4. Use fresh fruit – If you’re using fresh fruit in your loaf cake (such as blueberries or bananas), be sure they’re ripe but not overripe. Overripe fruit will make your cake mushy instead of moist and fluffy.
Fresh Cranberry Recipes
The pork chops are coated in a sweet and tangy cranberry sauce, which makes them extra flavorful and moist. Serve with mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables for a complete meal. Looking for a side dish that will impress your guests?
This Cranberry Quinoa Salad is it! It’s packed with nutritious ingredients like quinoa, dried cranberries, almonds, and kale. The citrus vinaigrette ties everything together perfectly
These Honey Roasted Cranberries make a great addition to any holiday table. They’re sweetened with honey and have a lovely caramelized flavor that pairs well with roasted meats or vegetables. Plus, they’re so easy to make!
Cranberry Sauce Can
Cranberry sauce is a popular dish made from cranberries, sugar, water, and sometimes other ingredients such as orange juice or cinnamon. It is usually eaten with Thanksgiving turkey in the United States, but can be enjoyed year-round. While canned cranberry sauce is available year-round in most supermarkets, many people prefer to make their own cranberry sauce from scratch.
Making your own cranberry sauce is easy and only requires a few simple ingredients. Plus, it tastes so much better than the store-bought stuff! Here’s a basic recipe for homemade cranberry sauce:
- 1 (12 oz) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
1. Combine the cranberries, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until the berries have popped and the sauce has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
How Do You Make Fancy Cranberry Sauce?
If you’re looking to dress up your cranberry sauce this holiday season, there are a few easy ways to do it. First, you can start with a high quality cranberry juice or even better, fresh cranberries. Cook the sauce on the stove until the berries have burst and the sauce has thickened.
Then, add in some orange zest and freshly squeezed orange juice for a boost of flavor. You could also add in a splash of Grand Marnier or Cognac. Finally, stir in some chopped fresh thyme or rosemary for an extra touch of elegance.
Serve chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Is Homemade Cranberry Sauce Better?
If you prefer a sweeter sauce, then there are some great recipes out there for Cranberry Sauce with Orange or Cranberry Sauce with Maple Syrup that might be better than anything you could make at home.
And of course, if time is an issue, then buying cranberry sauce at the store is perfectly fine – just look for one without high fructose corn syrup if possible.
How Do You Make Cranberries Sauce Thicker?
If you want to thicken up your cranberry sauce, there are a few different ways you can do it. One way is to cook the sauce down until it reduces and becomes more concentrated. This will take some time, but will result in a thicker sauce.
Another way is to add some cornstarch or arrowroot starch to the sauce. Simply mix a little bit of starch with an equal amount of water and then stir it into the sauce. This will help to thicken it up without changing the flavor too much.
Finally, you can also add some diced apples or pears to the sauce.
How Long Does Homemade Cranberry Sauce Last?
If you’re like most people, you probably only make cranberry sauce around Thanksgiving. But what if you want to enjoy it year-round? Is it possible to make a big batch and store it for future use?
The answer is yes! Homemade cranberry sauce will last for up to two months in the fridge. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container so that it doesn’t dry out.
If you want to extend its shelf life even further, you can freeze homemade cranberry sauce. It will keep in the freezer for up to six months. Just thaw it overnight in the fridge when you’re ready to enjoy it again.
This is the best cranberry sauce recipe, according to Ina Garten. It is made with fresh or frozen cranberries, sugar, orange juice, and a touch of Grand Marnier. The sauce can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve.