Lemon butter baked shrimp is a delicious and easy-to-make seafood dish that will satisfy your taste buds. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make a tasty meal in no time.
If you’re looking for a quick and flavorful seafood dinner, lemon butter baked shrimp is the perfect dish for you. This recipe is incredibly easy to make, requiring just a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Best of all, it’s a healthy option that won’t leave you feeling bloated or heavy. The combination of lemon and butter creates a tangy and savory sauce that perfectly complements the succulent shrimp. Whether you’re cooking for yourself, your family, or entertaining guests, this dish is sure to impress. So why wait? Try lemon butter baked shrimp today and experience the ultimate in seafood deliciousness!
Who doesn’t love shrimp? It’s one of the most versatile ingredients in any kitchen, and there are countless ways to prepare it. One delicious recipe that never fails to impress is lemon butter baked shrimp. This dish is easy to make, and it’s perfect for busy weeknights or special occasions.
In this section, we’ll take a look at the essential elements that make up this recipe. Let’s get started with the list of ingredients required for making lemon butter baked shrimp.
List Of Ingredients Required For Making Lemon Butter Baked Shrimp
To make lemon butter baked shrimp, you’ll need to head to your local grocery store to find the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Variations Of Ingredients You Can Use For The Recipe
Lemon butter baked shrimp is a recipe that is open to interpretation. You can use different ingredients to give it your own personal touch.
- Instead of unsalted butter, you can use salted butter for a richer flavor.
- You can swap out the garlic for shallots or minced onion to add a different dimension to the dish.
- Lemon is the star of this recipe, but you can use lime or orange juice and zest to change things up.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to give the dish a little kick.
- Fresh herbs are always a great addition to any recipe. Try using thyme, basil, or dill instead of parsley for a different flavor profile.
Lemon butter baked shrimp is a classic recipe that can be customized to suit your taste. With just a few simple ingredients and a bit of creativity, you can create a dish that is sure to impress. Whether you’re making it for a family dinner or a dinner party, this recipe is always a hit.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients and get cooking!
Lemon butter baked shrimp is a delightful seafood dish that is sure to impress your guests. It offers a burst of tangy and buttery flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. The preparation process is straightforward and can be done in a jiffy.
In this section, we will explain step-by-step how to clean and devein the shrimp, marinate them for optimal flavor, prepare the lemon butter sauce, bake the shrimp, and get the perfect texture and flavor.
Cleaning And Deveining The Shrimp
Before you start preparing your lemon butter baked shrimp, you need to clean and devein your shrimp. Deveining is the process of removing the dark vein that runs along the shrimp’s back, which is the intestine – nobody wants to eat that!
- Gently rinse the shrimp in cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Hold the shrimp with one hand and use your other hand to grasp the legs and gently tug them off.
- Use a small paring knife or a shrimp deveiner tool to cut a shallow slit down the back of each shrimp.
- Use the tip of the knife or the deveiner tool to lift the vein out and discard it.
- Rinse the shrimp under cold running water again and pat them dry with a paper towel.
How To Marinate The Shrimp For Optimum Flavor
Marinating the shrimp is a crucial step in enhancing the dish’s flavor.
- In a bowl, mix together olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cleaned and deveined shrimp to the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 hour, to allow the shrimp to marinate.
Preparing The Lemon Butter Sauce And How To Incorporate It
The lemon butter sauce is what gives this dish its distinct flavor.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter on low heat.
- Add minced garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Whisk everything together until well combined.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and set it aside for later use.
Once the shrimp has been marinated and the sauce is prepared, it’s time to bake the shrimp.
How Long To Bake The Shrimp And When To Remove Them From The Oven
Here are the steps to bake your shrimp to perfection:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees f.
- Spread the marinated shrimp evenly on a baking sheet.
- Pour the lemon butter sauce over the shrimp.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes until the shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Remove the shrimp from the oven and let them sit for a few minutes to cool.
Tips For Getting The Perfect Texture And Flavor
Following the above steps will undoubtedly result in a delicious and flavorful dish of lemon butter baked shrimp.
- Do not overcook the shrimp; otherwise, they may become rubbery.
- Leave the tails on the shrimp to provide a better presentation.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on the dish to add flavor and color.
Preparing lemon butter baked shrimp is a simple and scrumptious experience. With these easy-to-follow steps, you can confidently serve a delightful seafood meal that everyone will enjoy.
Juicy Baked Shrimp. A must try recipe
Lemon butter baked shrimp is a simple and delicious recipe that is perfect for any seafood lover. It’s quick, easy to prepare, and packed with flavor. This dish is versatile enough to be a main course, served over pasta or rice, or a side dish to any meal.
Here are some serving suggestions for lemon butter baked shrimp that will make it even more delicious and enjoyable.
Best Side Dishes That Complement Lemon Butter Baked Shrimp
- Garlic butter french bread: a perfect match for the buttery and garlic flavor of the shrimp.
- Grilled vegetables: a healthy and colorful side dish to balance the richness of the shrimp.
- Caesar salad: a classic salad that goes well with seafood.
- Creamy polenta: a creamy and cheesy side dish that will complement the shrimp’s flavors.
Plating Tips For An Appealing Presentation
- Use a white or light-colored plate that will showcase the colorful shrimp.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or lemon wedges to add some brightness to the dish.
- Arrange the shrimp in a circular pattern on the plate, with the tail pointing towards the center.
Serving Ideas Based On The Occasion Or Mood
- Romantic dinner: serve the shrimp over a bed of pasta with a glass of white wine on the side.
- Family gatherings: offer a family-style platter of shrimp with a variety of side dishes.
- Weekend brunch: add the shrimp to a frittata or an omelet.
Lemon butter baked shrimp is a versatile and flavorful dish that can be served in various ways. Follow these serving suggestions to make your meal even more enjoyable and flavorful.
Frequently Asked Questions For Lemon Butter Baked Shrimp
What Are The Main Ingredients Needed For Lemon Butter Baked Shrimp?
Lemon, butter, shrimp, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs.
How Do You Prepare The Shrimp Before Baking It?
Peel and devein the shrimp. Pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
What Temperature Should The Oven Be Set To For Baking The Shrimp?
Preheat the oven to 425°f (218°c).
How Long Do You Bake The Shrimp In The Oven?
Bake the shrimp for 12-15 minutes, or until they are pink and fully cooked.
Can Lemon Butter Baked Shrimp Be Served With Any Sides?
Yes, lemon butter baked shrimp can be served with a variety of sides such as rice, vegetables or salad.
Lemon butter baked shrimp is an impressive seafood delicacy that guarantees sensational flavors and amazing health benefits. By taking just a few minutes of preparation, marinating the shrimp, and baking them to perfection, you can surprise your guests or family with a sumptuous meal that they will not forget.
The simple yet flavorful ingredients of lemon, butter, garlic, and parsley offer a burst of freshness, taste, and nutritional value. Apart from being low in calories and high in protein, shrimp also contains antioxidants, omega-3s, and other essential nutrients that are beneficial to your health.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different spices and seasoning to create your unique taste. Lemon butter baked shrimp is the perfect recipe for a memorable gathering, dinner, or any occasion that calls for a delicious and healthy treat. Give it a try and experience a taste of seafood heaven!